Welcome to the Department of Educational Management
Welcome to the Department of Educational Management. The philosophy of Educational Management is based on the acquisition of appropriate managerial skills, ability and competences such that prospective educational manager would better understand human behaviour and interrelationships bearing in mind that Educational Management is a potential tool for managing, controlling and implementing educational resources and policy decisions.
More specifically, the Department pursues the following objectives:
- Acquisition, development and inculcation of proper value-orientation for survival of the individual and society.
- Educating students to acquire profound theoretical and practical knowledge in Educational Management and control for effective management of primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.
- Equipping students with the knowledge and techniques required in solving educational problems.
- Equipping students with leadership skills and knowledge required in the Ministry of Education and parastatals related to education.
- Preparing students for careers in educational management for self-reliance.
- Acquisition of an objective view of the local and external environments